Regina police launch new program to hire more female officers

in Jun 27, 2022

Expect to see more women within the Regina Police Service (RPS) now that the law enforcement agency is taking part in a 30×30 Initiative. The North American program aims to have the percentage of women sworn into police positions be at 30 per cent by the year 2030. RPS is one of 176 policing organizations[…]

Read more

Reopening in Alberta: hospitality sector is ready to hire

in Mar 12, 2022

As reopening continues around Alberta, there’s renewed optimism for those looking for steady employment. A number of hiring fairs are being held around Calgary, including an in-person job fair at National on 10th. “This is my first time. It’s really exciting. I’m kind of nervous,” said culinary arts student, Laura Danchek. “I haven’t been able[…]

Read more

London-based Info-Tech marks 1,000-strong workforce with plans to hire 200 more – London

in Mar 08, 2022

A local technology and advisory firm hit a major milestone this month, announcing its global employee base now exceeds 1,000 people, a number that is expected to grow. Info-Tech Research Group says its workforce grew by some 43 per cent in 2021, with staff working out of its Ridout Street offices in London, as well[…]

Read more
20% of Hamilton employers plan to hire this spring: survey – Hamilton

20% of Hamilton employers plan to hire this spring: survey – Hamilton

in Mar 12, 2019

[ad_1] A hopeful hiring climate was revealed for Hamilton for the second quarter of 2019, in the latest ManpowerGroup Employment Outlook Survey. “Survey data reveals that 20 per cent of employers plan to hire for the upcoming quarter,” said Erica Melarangeli of Manpower’s Stoney Creek office. “The remaining 80 per cent of employers plan to[…]

Read more
Calgary ring road contractors look to hire hundreds at job fair – Calgary

Calgary ring road contractors look to hire hundreds at job fair – Calgary

in Feb 23, 2019

[ad_1] As many people in Alberta struggle to find full-time employment, one project in Calgary has contractors hiring hundreds. A job fair organized by KGL Constructors on Saturday matched potential employees with construction companies set to work on the southwest portion of the ring road. Ian McColl, a KGL spokesperson, said the construction joint venture[…]

Read more
Cape Breton call centre gets $2.4-million payroll rebate to hire 270 workers – Halifax

Cape Breton call centre gets $2.4-million payroll rebate to hire 270 workers – Halifax

in Feb 04, 2019

[ad_1] A Cape Breton call centre that was recently given new life by an Iowa-based businessman is in line for a $2.4-million payroll rebate from the province if it creates another 270 jobs over three years, bringing the total workforce to 750. Under an agreement with Nova Scotia’s arms length business agency, NSBI, Sydney Call[…]

Read more